Pleasure and Commercial Super Yacht Registration
Transport Malta introduced the Commercial Yacht Code (“CYC”) in 2006 which regulates, following the implementation of technical and manning standards, the registration of Yachts as “commercial”. The latest edition of the CYC was introduced in 2015.
The CYC includes specific provisions catering, within International Convention parameters, for this particular category of vessels based on their design, operational and safety requirements by making clear distinctions between yachts and super-yachts above 24 meters and 300GT.
- Assistance by the Malta Flag is given from the very early stages of the yacht building.
- Possibility to avail from IACS Class Surveyors and a wide network of independent surveyors authorised by the Malta Flag to assess and certify compliance with the CYC.
- Variety of VAT structuring possibilities.
- Compliance to the CYC enables a Maltese commercial yacht to be fit for commercial chartering and to enrol with major chartering companies.
- It is possible for certain pleasure yachts to convert to commercial yacht status through appropriate modifications and upon compliance with the CYC.
- Statutory safety certificates are to be submitted to the Merchant Shipping Directorate of Transport Malta prior to the issuance of an operational certificate of registry.
- Possibility for a Maltese Yacht to be registered in the name of a Maltese shipping company or a foreign company appointing a resident agent in Malta. Dingli & Dingli offers the service of Resident Agent in Malta.
INTERNATIONAL MERCHANT MARINE REGISTRY OF BELIZE
Dingli and Dingli Lawfirm acts as the Designated Office in Malta of the International Merchant Marine Registry of Belize through Dr. Kevin F. Dingli as the duly appointed Deputy Registrar.
The Firm is duly authorised to assist ship-owners and financiers with the registration of vessels and yachts under the Belize Flag and registration of mortgages in accordance with the laws of Belize.
Please click for more information
JAMAICA SHIP REGISTRY
Dingli and Dingli Lawfirm acts as the Designated Office in Malta of the Jamaican Ship Registry through Dr. Kevin F. Dingli as the duly appointed Deputy Registrar.
The Firm is duly authorised to assist ship-owners and financiers with the registration of vessels and yachts under the Jamaican Flag and registration of mortgages in accordance with the laws of Jamaica.
Feel free to contact us for more information.
Send an email to email@example.com and one of our Specialists will contact you back.